Want to help your team kick goals, smash targets and have more fun at work?
You can! Frank’s professional development and management training courses address the most common issues that hold businesses back. You’ll be armed with the Swiss Army Knife of business tools so you’ll know what to do (and what not to do!) in the jungle we call “the office”.
Zero Fluff, Just The Good Stuff Policy
You know the death-by-PowerPoint management training you’ve signed up for in the past? Yeah, that’s not our style. We know you’re busy, so Frank’s business courses have a Zero Fluff, Just The Good Stuff Policy. Presentations and group discussions are fun, get to the point and most importantly, they’re practical. You’ll be ready to take action and start seeing results right away.
Become an Awesome Boss
Become the boss employees in other departments wish they had. The Become an Awesome Boss course covers how to avoid common traps most new managers fall into, and develops basic leadership and coaching skills to help you:
- Feel confident with your authority without turning people off
- Create a respectful working environment
- Identify what needs to change
- Speak effectively and provide clear direction
- Listen, ask the right questions and provide useful feedback
- Supervise a former peer
- Deal with attitude problems
- Delegate efficiently
- Stop potentially ugly situations in their tracks
- Lock in commitments and build trusting workplace relationships
Motivate Your Employees // Light Fires
Whether you’re a seasoned leader or stepping into a new leadership role, a large component of your job is motivating employees to perform to the best of their ability. Studies show a direct correlation between recognition and productivity, meaning you’re more likely to meet goals if your team feels supported and recognized. And guess what? Their high performance reflects positively on you. This course will show you how to:
- Encourage your employees to willingly perform at a higher frequency
- Gauge individual preferences to understand what motivates each of your employees
- Become a master of providing individual and team recognition
- Identify, support and praise positive behavior
- Create an environment of achievement by celebrating accomplishments
Teams that Actually Work
Motivational posters of animals with the word “teamwork” along with an inspirational quote aren’t the answer to increasing team productivity. Teams That Actually Work gets employees on the same page, excelling in each of their roles, and working cohesively toward shared goals. During the session, participants are split into teams and conduct a group assessment to understand the effectiveness of how their unit functions. Once managers understand team dynamics and stages of development, they will be able to quickly assess what their teams need to make them more successful.
In this course you will:
- Explore trust, conflict management, commitment and accountability
- Assess your own behaviour patterns from inside out and outside in
- Understand what it takes to become an effective team
- Be able to apply gained information and insights from the workshop to the workplace
Controlling Time // Time Control
The best leaders are the ones who can control time rather than letting it control them. This course helps you understand the difference between urgent and important; spot the issues that put your time management at risk; and discover your special sauce leadership style. Controlling Time is packed with practical advice, ideas and inspiration to manage time more successfully.
A series of exercises and a time management assessment will show you:
- Where your time is being wasted and how to take full advantage of the time you have
- How your unique style of leading can be your greatest time management asset
- How to develop a time control strategy identifying your strengths and challenges
- Ways to minimize overtime by sharing your new time management skills with your team
Conflict Management // Sorting it Out
Frank knows conflict happens to the best of us. But often managers avoid dealing directly with conflict in the hope it will resolve itself. But conflicts left unattended almost always blow up later or lurk underground only to re-emerge and create even nastier issues. To avoid WW3 (Workplace War 3), conflict management training is essential for all managers. This course is an excellent introduction to basic conflict theory, different conflict styles, underlying causes of conflict, and how conflict should be addressed.
In this course, you’ll understand how to:
- Identify issues and know when to intervene
- Reframe conflicts and see them as a useful tool for change and growth
- Recognize your preferred conflict style and that of others
- Listen effectively and build win-win situations
- Create a spirit of cooperation and workplace harmony
- Get the best results by changing your language from accusatory to expressive
Dealing With Difficult People // AKA Jerks
Nothing is more stressful than deal with challenging staff, co-workers, supervisors or irate customers. When situations get heated, nasty things are often said or done, creating permanent rifts in the workplace. This course equips you with real practical skills to stop difficult people in their tracks when these unexpected situations occur.
You will leave with powerful tools to:
- Defuse and redirect workplace hostility into constructive solutions
- Understand the stages of anger and know when to call for help
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Identify cues and signs of hostility in yourself and others
- Maintain a healthy, positive working environment through daily prevention practices
Outstanding Customer Service
Customer service is one of the most powerful marketing tools for business. Employees are the voice and face of your organization, and positive interactions can lead to happy and loyal customers. This customer service course shows your employees simple ways to exceed customer expectations making them feel welcome and appreciated. It’ll also cover what to do and what not to do in a variety of workplace settings.
Your employees will understand how to:
- Give a good first impression
- Make the customer feel like they are a priority
- Offer more service than people expect
- Receive feedback from customers and use it for improvement
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Resolve conflicts quickly